Volunteer Broadcast Assistants, The Beat London 103.6FM, London
The Beat London 103.6FM is an awarding winning London-based community radio station. The Beat London’s sound incorporates the various musical styles that highlight current and emerging urban culture. Our distinctive playlist and content encompasses the melting pot that is London street music and culture. We are a natural home for emerging genres and we support independent British music. Genres include UK Hip Hop, RnB, Reggae, Dancehall, Soca, Afrobeat, Afro (House), Grime, Dubstep, Garage/UKG and some commercial dance music.
The Beat London is on the lookout for voluntary radio station assistants, that will specialise in a certain area of the creative industry. As a station assistant you will provide vital support to the station. This will include planning, research, and production work.
We are looking for reliable and enthusiastic individuals, who have a passion in radio, and would love to have the opportunity to gain valuable radio experience. The role is very varied. Previous experience is desired but not required.
We are particularly interested in people that have an interest in other areas as well as radio, such as videography, social media, photography, events, and blogging.
* Good communication skills
* General administrative duties
* Assisting with generating news
* Assisting the production team
* Be able to think creatively
* Be self-motivated with the ability to work independently but also as part of a team
* Be able to work effectively under pressure, and meet tight deadlines
* A basic knowledge of the editing software Adobe
* ‘Driving the desk’ for some pre-recorded or live programmes
* Knowledge of Psquared Myriad
* Knowledge of Adobe Photoshop
* IT skills
* Podcasting Shows
This will be on an ‘on demand talent pool’ basis. So if you are studying, or working as well feel free to apply.
If you feel you are right for the role, and love the work that The Beat London is doing please email firstname.lastname@example.org